Sunday, August 14, 2005

Calories and kids

I don't think I ever gave calories a second thought until I was 36. I basically ate as I liked, and was fortunate enough to not have a problem with fat, though it is creeping in slowly these days.

I was more than suprised when we went to Costco the other day and the kids had the hot-dog with all you can drink soda. Jason came back to the table with his cup full of soda and asked me to guess what he got. I guessed coke, by the color, and he told me:
"Yep, but I got diet coke cause it has less calories!" And the kid is skinny as a bean-pole, not a touch of fat on the little guy! I laughed, not even I would choose diet Coke!

What is it with today's kids huh? Will they truly be healthier than we were?

1 comment:

MareAmi said...

Nope. We had to each carob for chocolate, remember?