Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, it was my special day last week, and with the help of friends and family it was a great day!


We had a small gathering at Patti's house..
Renee came over with her boys (but actually, that one is my boy!)
Jordan getting tummy-kisses!
Kids had fun playing Game Cube together
Jordan had fun watching Game Cube
The Birthday Feast!
Renee and Patti who put it together!
Janina is here for the cake!
And what a WONDERFUL cake it was--courtesy of Patti and decorated by Emma!
The First present--wonder what it is!
Oooh--a stash of chocolate! How did Julia know??
The next present, a box of flavored teas from Patti...
And a hand-made tea-cozy--Patti's heard me wishing for one--she finally put me out of my misery!

Jason got me a couple of key-chain accessories--what a great son--it really is the thought that counts!Next was a delicately crafted box from dad--made in Persia out of camel bone! J
And then I got a surprise Christmas present!! For my birthday?!--from my dear husband.
An awesome present--a new flute!! It's been about 22 years since I played flute, at this point everyone is covering their ears and running the opposite direction as soon as I pull it out of the case--hmmm!
Finally, a nice spa-set--ginger and white tea--from Renee! I hope it's not a hint or anything.

Patti didn't even try to fit 38 candles on the cake, bless he heart, and Janina in her eagerness to eat the cake helped me blow out the candles.We enjoyed the cake, ice-cream and food ...
Not sure if Jo did, or maybe this is the 6-year old 'cool dude' look?
Patti's daughter Emma, who is in the basketball club at school so we never get to see her anymore!
Thank you friends and family who made this a very wonderful birthday!

I got phone calls, emails and notes from those not close enough to join in the celebrations, and my birthday carried on for a few more days!

2 comments:

MareAmi said...

Aww looks like tons of fun!

Does Janina's shirt really say "tramp" or is that the picture, cough cough.

Anonymous said...

Great Party!!!This is a test!!!