Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Crafts

Some of my girlfriends and I do a yearly Christmas Ornament exchange, this is the 2006 one I made them, it's part of a series, the first was an N.

I made the wreath centerpiece from a piece of greenery I found on sale, and the pinecones I paid my daughter and her friend to find and paint for me, some cinnamon sticks I bought in Bali 6 years ago, and some berries from my (neighbor's--oops!!) yard.

The kids' contribution to this year's decor, we found clipart online and they followed the picture to pain these sleds we picked up at Joann's in Hemet.


I collected some sticks on a walk, glued and tied them together in a tree shape, and glued some berries from my (neighbor's--oops!!) yard. As you can see, I still need a few more berries. Oh, by the way, I LOVE glue guns!!

I have had the wood tree skeleton for about 5 years, and slowly worked on the ornaments from an Alma Lynn book I got from my Mom. I finally finished enough this year to make the tree!


I was going for a pinecone wreath, but it was too flimsy to hang on the wall (needs a wire backing or something) so it is now a table wreath to go around a large snow-globe we received as a present from Mina a few years ago.

2 comments:

Erinn said...

This is a test comment

MareAmi said...

Awesome! Love the crafts!! You're so talented! :)