Saturday, April 21, 2007

Quilt is Finished

I finished off the scrappy flying geese quilt, and it now has a place of honor on my bed, adding a large splash of summer color to the room. I chose a very thing polyester batting, and white cotton backing material, very simple quilting. Most of the quilting was done by machine (my machine) but the flying geese around the border were done by hand. All is in-the-ditch, and there is no decorative quilting done on it. I may add to it over time, but for now, it is finished. Oh yes, the binding is a scrappy binding, made from the leftover material, and I really really like it, it blends in so nicely with the overall look of the quilt. I can't hardly wait to start on the next quilt!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!! Look at that gorgeous quilt. Great job sis. I love the scrappy binding, what a great idea for that quilt. :) xox