Friday, March 02, 2007

Valentine's

Julia informed me about 3 weeks before V-day that her and her girlfriends were going to have a chocolate making party to make little yummies to give out. She needed one bar of chocolate. I assumed that she had it all under control and a plan. NEVER assume anything with a 9-year old (or any kid living in your house!)
I picked up a bar of chocolate for her, and on the day of the party, at about 2pm it dawned on me that I should probably find out what time her friends were coming over and what exactly her plan was! Good thing I asked, just wish I'd done it much sooner!
Friends were due to arrive at 2:30, and "Mom, you're supposed to get everything ready!!"
"What!!?? You didn't tell me THAT part! I have NO idea how to make chocolates!!"
I frantically raced through my cookbook, and searched the Internet for some simple chocolate recipe that uses ingredients I actually had in the house, and didn't find anything. Fortunately I had just made a chocolate something or other, so I adapted the recipe and managed to find some marshmallows and maraschino cherries in the fridge. By the time the girls arrived Julia and I looked like we knew what we were doing, and yeah for us!! It worked! We made some decent chocolates, then the girls took turns holding Jordan and playing LIFE.
Next time I'll be sure to inquire as to a detailed plan of events at least a week before it is to take place!

No comments: