Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Movies

Here is a list of Christmas movies we have watched so far:

  • Polar Express--wonderful animation, I highly recommend it for everyone with children to watch together with their kids! It was way better than I had thought, we all loved it, and it sparked my kids' hope that maybe Santa is real if we just believe.
  • Santa Claus 2--We saw 1 a few years ago, and totally enjoyed this follow up, esp. the tooth fairy! And I decided to put the cloak that Mrs. Santa Claus wears to her wedding on my wish list.
  • Christmas Carol (G.C.Scott)--We didn't make it through this one, wonderful story, dated filming, it didn't hold the kids' interest, they were all asleep within 10 minutes. We will give the Muppets version a try.
  • Grinch the Movie and Grinch the animation--We watched the animation first, and the movie right after. I prefer the animation myself, but the kids love the movie. Unfortunately we made a mistake and rented the Japanese language version, and the kids were very disappointed, they like foreign movies in their proper language. But they still enjoyed the movie!
And here is our list of movies to watch--
  • Elf--We saw this last year, totally fun and kid safe!
  • Jingle all the way--Don't know if we'll get to it this year, but we want to!
  • Surviving Christmas--Have no clue how this will go over, but we have it on our to-watch list.
  • Jack Frost--We saw this last year too, a lot of fun!
And these movies I would like to see, but I know the kids will not enjoy them at all--
  • White Christmas--What is Christmas without watching this classic!?
  • Bishop's Wife (B/W version)-- I watched this every year as a child, and have only seen it once in the past 20 years. I'd love to see it again, Gregory Peck is one of my favorite B/W actors.
Merry Christmas all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I left a comment here-where's it gone? anyway, Erin, this is just to let you know I've moved-Here's the new address.
http://spaces.msn.com/members/kylies-stories
I had a big security mis-hap. There's nothing really on there to read yet, but there will be.
Happy Christmas to you and your Family.

Anonymous said...

I loved that Women are apples thing.
Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Got your decoration. It's beautiful, thankyou. When are going to blog again? Missing your smiley face around here. Happy new Year Erinn.

Erinn said...

I'm so glad you got it safely! I need to get control back of the computer--Art's been commandeering it for a week now. Happy New Year!! I will update your blog address as soon as I get a reasonable amount of time to do it.

Anonymous said...

UPDATE US SIS!!