Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Podcasting

My dad introduced me to podcasting and now I'm into it. You have to download the ipodder software, a very small application, and with it you can find 'podcasts' for news, music, fun, entertainment, sports..., download them into your computer or directly to your MP3, and listen to them. For me this is really ideal cause I'm on the trains and I like putting things on the MP3 player, and there are various news broadcasts you can download for listening. Yesterday I listened to an interesting interview with Chavez from Venezuela. To be honest, there's not a whole lot I remember, but something that did strike me is this:

The Cuban government's effort to give free medical services to the poor by training doctors from anywhere in the world in Cuba for free, and expecting only that they donate a few years of free service to the poor in return for their medical training.

From what I understand, Cuba actually has an excellent medical program, with excellent doctors, and they are more than willing to share that with the world, but the US refuses the help and most likely is scaring other countries off from taking advantage of it as well, which is really sad because SO many people in the world would benefit from cheap or free medical help. What's up with that anyway?

I also heard something about the US refusing to accept aid from other countries during Hurrican Katrina, when the help was readily available and even on its doorstep, but they turned the help away. What's up with that??

Some things I just don't get. Now, if I were king...

No comments: